Sunday, October 30, 2005

Meme.

Self-tagged (because she didn't pick anyone) from BadAunt's blog.

Rules of the game: Post 5 Weird and Random Facts about yourself, then at the end list the names of 5 people who are next in line to do this.

They're mostly from my past, because my future goals don't count and my present is boring.

1. For as long as I can remember I have had a ritual that accompanied the first real (if it stays overnight it counts) snowfall. I will go outside barefoot and dance in the newly accumulated snow.

2. I believe in unicorns.

3. I had a strawberry cake with lemon icing on it for my birthday one year. My parents decorated it with several plastic horses. That was the last birthday I ever spent with my friend Autumn.

4. I used to want to change my name to Michelle. Now I love my name.

5. My favorite song is "You Are My Sunshine." When I was little I had a black and white teddy bear that played the song when you pressed its paw. I wish I remembered all the words.

5 People who should do this:
Rick, Allison, Stephanie, Jamie and Rio?
Or first five to comment.

2 comments:

  1. 1. My last name is a palindrome, I was born under the sway of Libra, my first name in Chinese/Japanese characters is symmetrical and a lot of other things in my life have uncanny mirrorisms.

    2. I still love the book "Where the Red Fern Grows", and I still unabashedly cry in movies.

    3. Sometimes I consider inanimate objects to have feelings and senses.

    4. I asked for a shortwave radio instead of a computer for my 16th birthday. Most people never understand why I did that.

    5. I like being in positions of authority, but then again I'm quite bad at leadership. Maybe it's just an inflated ego that has to be pricked with a needle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Are My Sunshine!


    Charles Mitchell, 1940

    The other night dear, as I lay sleeping
    I dreamed I held you in my arms
    When I awoke, dear, I was mistaken
    So I hung my head and I cried:

    Refrain:
    You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
    You make me happy when skies are gray
    You'll never know dear, how much I miss you
    Please don't take my sunshine away

    I'll always love you and make you happy,
    If you will only say the same.
    But if you leave me to love another,
    You'll regret it all some day:
    Refrain:

    You told me once, dear, you really loved me
    And no one else could come between.
    But now you've left me and love another;
    You have shattered all my dreams:
    Refrain:

    ReplyDelete