Saturday, May 28, 2005

Mm...

Excuse the sap to follow. I had to babble at someone :-p

I've got a country love song stuck in my head again... "When I Think About Angels" by Jamie O'Neal. The lyrics go (in part):
"The taste of sugar sure reminds me of your kiss,
I like the way that they both linger on my lips.
Kisses remind me of a field of butterflies;
must be the way my heart is fluttering inside.
Beautiful distraction, you make every thought a chain reaction.
When I think about rain, I think about singin'.
When I think about singin' it's a heavenly tune.
When I think about heaven then I think about angels;
When I think about angels, I think about you..."

Anyway. It was raining this morning and I woke up warm and happy and right where I wanted to be: in a little apartment outside of Pittsburgh; my boyfriend's apartment. It might be messy (what do you expect when you put three geeky college guys together in a small area?) but it's his and that makes me happy. His two roommates (one of whom shares this large bedroom with him) are gone for the weekend, and he's off to work for the day so I'm here all by myself till he gets back. I don't mind it though... there's more than enough to keep me entertained (looking out the windows, reading, TV, PS2, N64, movies, internet, the cross-stitch I brought with me, and if all else fails, cleaning ;p) until he gets back at 8:30 or so.

In other news, I saw Episode III last weekend. Yes, that's geeky. No, I still don't label myself a geek. It was better than I or II, but as far as comparing it to the first (chronologically speaking) trilogy... I haven't seen IV, V or VI since I was little and I don't remember them. At any rate, just to take up space...
Movie Review: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of The Sith.
Starring: Hayden Christiensen as Anakin Skywalker, Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan Kenobi, Natalie Portman as Padmé... and many more. There are a lot of big names in this movie. Personally, aside from the fact that they drew a big, new audience to the movies these past few years, I didn't see a reason to drop all of these superstars into one movie together. Maybe that's just me.

Is it sad that I still don't have a lightsabre? After all the dramatic shots of the famous blue, green and red blades swinging through various aliens, Jedi and Sith Lords in Episode III, I've had enough lightsabre dueling to last me a few weeks at least. A comment from the peanut gallery: "They really don't like right arms, do they?" I'd have to say no, Bob, they don't like them at all. There seems to be a lot of limb-severing going on in the second Star Wars trilogy and III tops its predecessors by a long shot. George Lucas must have a cauterization fetish... all these lightsabre deaths and not a drop of stage blood in sight. Hey, whatever keeps it PG-13, eh?

The plot of this one was a little darker than the previous two, as the title probably warned us if we were paying attention. I can't complain about realism, since Sci-fi movies tend to be a little less... "real" than most, but I did note that in
one scene Anakin's right arm (which was replaced with a robotic one previously and isn't often seen) was cut off a little lower than it had been shown when the cut was made. Hmm... well, I'm not yelling. The graphics/effects people had their hands full with this one already. Oh, and Yoda kicks serious arse for a 3" tall, 900 year old... whatever he is. Speak well and wisely, Yoda does, and the Force is with him.

This movie wraps up the package of six very well, giving us more insight into Luke and Leia's father, the reason they were separated and the answers to questions that have probably haunted past generations of Star Wars fans (I know they bothered me a little ;p): What's with Vader's outfit? What happened to Anakin that made him turn to the Dark Side? And last, but certainly not least: has George finally lost it? (I think so, but at least he makes cool movies.) The boi claims we knew all that before. I stuck my tongue out at him. I think if there were any loose ends to be tied up it would be with the minor characters who caught our attention for fifteen minutes and then wandered off into space and weren't seen again. Chewbacca needs more attention. Yeah, yeah, the boi says, he gets lots of attention in the other movies... well, like I said I haven't seen the first trilogy in forever.

After the movie I went to Burger King, where they're releasing five new toys a week with their Kids' Meals. I got a little stuffed Chewy, the boi got a little wind-up Yoda who actually flips over backwards. rox0r.
[/geek]

No comments:

Post a Comment