Wednesday, April 27, 2005

I suppose if I really do become a teacher I'll at least be able to identify with the kids...

I randomly turned on the television today, just to see if I could find anything of interest. The university supplies cable TV with 30-40 channels including Discovery, Sci-Fi, MTV, CNN, NBC, ABC, FOX, ESPN, TBS, TLC... you get the picture. After half an hour of flipping through every channel six times over, the only thing that caught my eye was...

Arthur. Yep, that's right. The PBS kids' show that I've been watching since I can remember. CNN was harping on the Pope's latest bowel movements, or something similar; Discovery was doing something History-channel like with lots of interview segments and no explanation whatsoever. So I turned to something that will never go bad: PBS, with its daily dose of moral, sensible, educational shows like Arthur, ZOOM and Reading Rainbow (Yay!).

I know I should be putting the finishing touches on my thesis paper but I'm more interested in everything else there is to do... like stare out the window, take a nap and maybe read something.

No comments:

Post a Comment